First, I would like to thank Mrs. Saoud from http://saouds2ndgraders.blogspot.com/ for the most beautiful and wonderful comment she made about me. It truly inspired me and made my night. It is funny how we rush through life with so many things we want to say to people, but do not have the time to do so. I think this was such a great idea to take time out and thank people for all they do. It is the little things in life that count and sometimes when I am caught up in "life" I need to remember to take a step back and remember it is not the moments we live but how we live those moments. Thank you so much again for the award!
Here are the rules about receiving this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Here are 7 things about myself:
1. Two words that would describe me are coffee and MAC computer.
2. I love to take pictures and would love to have the time to take classes to learn more about my camera and all the things I could really do with it.
3. I LOVE making printables. It is one of my favorite things to do and I could do it 24/7.
4. I am so greatful for all the people I have met through my teaching career. I feel so lucky to have such great friends whether they are "cyber" friends or friends I see everyday. When I finally get to meet in person someone I have been talking with over the internet is one of the most incredible things ever.
5. My family is very important to me. I have three beautiful children, 2 dogs that are just ..... well, let's just say they fit into our family just perfectly and a husband who I come home to everyday. I am lucky enough to have both my parents who I do not know what I would ever do without. I love them to the ends of the earth. And a sister who I have gotten very close to over the years, and for that I am happy.
6. I was nominated yesterday for teacher of the year in our building. I am not sure when we find out who won, but it was a nice feeling just to be nominated.
7. I am a very simple person. I love to be happy and joke around. I love my friends and I try to remember that everyday is a gift. It is more important to do for others than to do for yourself. I pray every night that my children will grow up to be strong independent adults with strong moral and a sense of who they are not what others want them to be. But for right now, good or bad, I am enjoying every minute of watching them grow up and I can not believe how fast it is going. They will always be my babies even when they are old.
The seven blogs which I would like to give this award to are:
Jennifer is a caring person who inspired me and started my blog for me. Thanks Jennifer. I had no idea on what I was missing out on. She has been a good friend and her ideas are inspiring.
Deanna is a wonderful person who is so upbeat all the time. Her printables are the cutest and her enthusiasm is contagious.
Kristen makes me laugh and puts up with all my emails. She is a wonderful blog designer and really goes the extra mile for everyone. She is always willing to share and I am so happy that I was able to connect with her this year. If you are looking for great blogs, check out her pre-made templates that she sells. They are only sold one time. Her talent amazes me.
Alexis is one of my teaching partners and she is amazing. She has just started her blog so check her out. She has the most wonderful ideas and is so wonderful with the children. We can alway count on Alexis. She is dependable, and has everyone's best interests at heart. Way to go on your blog Alexis!
Heidi is an inspiration to all of us. She is always coming up with ideas that are so relevant and really get the children motivated to learn. Since I started using her cd's and video's I have seen such a BIG improvement in my student's ability to retain information. I love it when I hear them singing the songs when they are working and they do not even realize they are doing it. Thanks Heidi for all you do.
Again, what a wonderful person who has helped so many of us with our websites, blogs, ideas to make our worksheets cuter. Ashley has the cutest graphics and has always been so helpful and kind. Her talent to create is amazing.
This is a special dedication to my friend Christina and Bill. Christina is a homeschooler and mother and wonderful wife. She was a very good friend to me in college and even after college I have always been able to depend on her. She makes me smile and I am so happy that she has such a beautiful family and such a wonderful life. Christina you really deserve this award. I love your blog and love hearing what you and your family are doing!
and since I never follow directions well and I think everyone is SO deserving of it, may I please add one more.
Another wonderful person I have met and has been such a wonderful cyber friend to me. I love hearing all the wonderful things she is doing and her positive and upbeat attitude is inspiring!