Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Must Have Assessment Tool



Have you ever heard of ESGI? This is the best kept secret around. I first found this software at the I Teach Kindergarten Conference about 4 or 5 years ago. I had always done paper and pencil testing and it was always something I never looked forward to because it took up so much time. I listened to the creator (Greg) who by the way was a Kindergarten teacher so he knows exactly what teachers are looking for, speak about the product and demonstrate it. I fell in love with it and have used it ever since. I love this because it cut my assessment time down by half. I now immediately print out the Parent Letter and send it home the same day explaining to the parents what was testing and what their children needed work on. I think because of that, I saw an improvement in my class. Parents knew what they needed to work on specific to their child. It also prints out individual flashcards with the child's name on them, only on what they need! It also does Parent Conference letters and reminders in one click. It has bar graphs and pie charts that all you need to do is click and it will tell you which children knew the concept and what children did not. I love it. There is so much to this program. My favorite is that you can create your own tests. AND..... if there are other teachers in your building or district that also have ESGI, then you can all share the tests.

Check out all the information here.
Once you try it you will be hooked.
Use code 1006 when you sign up, and if you choose to purchase it after your free trial, you will receive a HUGE discount!
This is a MUST HAVE for all teachers.
Have I told you how much I love this product? LOL

11 comments:

Barbie said...

Thanks for the link. I am very interested in using this next year!
Really Roper

Kinderglynn said...

You should definitely use it. Try this link: http://www1.esgisoftware.com/ESGI/?promo=1006#intro_video.aspx
This is the BEST thing ever!!! I can not speak more highly of it. Definitely use the code and also I would sign up for the free trial now b/c then you will be ready making your own assessments and all for the fall and the first day you can start. I love this, love this, love this.

Randi said...

This sounds fabulous! I am going to look into it right now!

Karen said...

You are SO right about ESGI! After you told me about it earlier, my colleagues and I did the 60 day trial and LOVED it! The parents thought it was wonderful, too! I have gotten a grant to pay for it for all our K classes when school starts back in August. I couldn't do without it now that I have tried it! Thanks for the spark!
www.kinderkaren.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

How long does the code work? I want to try it, but I don't want to start my free trial until school starts back and I can use it longer with my students.

Kinderglynn said...

You can use the code in August. It is a code that Greg had given me to put out for people to use. It will always work. You are going to love it. It has become the best timesaver and parent communicator for me. I can not speak more highly of it.

Kinderglynn said...

Karen that is so awesome. Did you use the code to get your discounts? How great it will be for everyone to have it. You will all be able to share tests and stuff. It makes it so much easier to share the work!!

Unknown said...

I saw Greg present this at the KCrew Conference in Kingwood, Tx. It was awesome!!! At that point in time, I wasn't able to use it, but I am definitely considering it now. Did your school purchase it or you personally?
Thanks,
Kim

Kinderglynn said...

Kim,
I have purchased it all but one year. I use the code and it saved me a lot of money. I would suggest doing the 60 day free trial and see how you like it. But I can tell you once you try it, you will love it. He also has all this back to school stuff built in now so it makes excel sheets and names for cubbies and a whole bunch of other things. They are free. If you ever have any questions or need help give me an email and I can try to help. I am not an expert, but I can probably help. If not, I have always emailed Greg and he has always answered my questions immediately. :)
Donna

Pocketful of Littles said...

I have never heard of this thanks for posting! I will definitely try this out.

Please visit my blog and follow me

www.pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com

Marlana said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for sharing! I just signed up for the free trial, entered a fake student name and completed one test and I am completely sold! I love the reports, the ease of use and the fact that it does almost everything for me. :) I already sent the company an email to find out more about pricing for our Principal. What a great resource!

Blessings,
Marlana
www.lilcountrykindergarten.blogspot.com